Fumigation is the best option to treat a bed bug infestation when:
- Infestation is moderate to severe.
- Immediate eradication of bed bugs is required, such as in multi-unit dwellings (hotels, apartments and dormitories), when occupants are highly allergic to bites or when there is zero tolerance for the infestation.
- Repeated crack and crevice applications (liquids, dust and aerosols) have failed.
- Other treatment methodsmay damage infested materials, such as high value furnishings or custom mattresses.
Structural Fumigation – Bed Bugs
If you think your home has a bed bug infestation that may require fumigation, the first step is to have a call A-1 Bonded Termite for a FREE Pest Inspection*. An A-1 Bonded Termite certified and licensed inspector will come to your home and inspect to determine if you have a bed bug infestation and the extent of the bed bug infestation. If fumigation is recommended by our trained inspectors, we will go over the fumigation process, provide you with appropriate literature and videos to explain the process. If you have any questions during the process, please call us. Any of our trained staff is happy to assist you.
COMPLETE HOME PROTECTION
* Terms and conditions apply. Final pricing may vary based upon A-1 Bonded Termite, Inc. on site FREE estimate at no obligation to the customer.
Fumigation Process – Day 1 (Up)
- The Gas Company will arrive between 7-11am on the morning of the fumigation to turn off the gas. They will place a tag on the gas meter to signify that the line has been plugged. This tag should NOT BE REMOVED. We ask homeowners to prepare to be without gas as early as 7am to avoid any inconvenience with hot water or cooking.
- Open waterproof covers on all mattresses and pillows.
- Remove people, plants and pets from your home.
- The fumigation crewwill arrive within the estimated time frame and will prepare to cover the structure with large tarps and securing the tarps with long sand bags.
- The Licensee will meet with the homeowner when possible, review the preparation and property specific details.The Licensee will also inspect the interior of the home to verify that it has been properly prepared for fumigation by ensuring that all people, plants and pets have been removed from the structure and that all food is properly bagged according to the preparation sheet.
- The structure is secured with secondary locks on all entryways and warning signs are posted as required.
- Once the interior has been prepared and the exterior processes have been completed, the warning agent is applied and the proper dose of fumigant is released into the structure. The tarps contain the fumigant for the specific amount of time to eradicate the drywood termites.
- Only leave with the clothes on your back and any medications that are necessary to avoid re-infestation upon return. Once you remove the clothes you left the house with, you must place them into a sealed plastic bag.
Fumigation Process – Day 2 (Aeration)
- The fumigation crew will arrive to the structure and ensure that all tarps are in place and sealed.
- The fumigation crew will plug in fan and connect to exhaust tube to begin the aeration process.
Fumigation Process – Day 3 (Down)
- Once the necessary time of aeration has occurred, the fumigation crew will remove the tarps from the structure.
- After the tarps are removed from the structure, the Licensee will take air samples from the interior of the structure with equipment designed to detect trace quantities of the fumigant.
- When the readings are at or below target levels as required by the chemical manufacturer, the secondary locks will be removed and the Licensee will place a re-entry notice on the front door. This notice is required by the gas company in order to restore gas to the property.
- Your Home will be ready for your return by 6pm on this day.
- Anything you bring back into the home and the clothes you are wearingMUST BE LEFT OUTSIDE OR IN THE GARAGE IN A SEALED PLASTIC BAG to avoid re-infestation. All the items in the home should be considered infestation free.
Our entire staff is dedicated to assisting you through this process and is available to answer questions every step of the way. Never hesitate to call us with questions.