CALL NOW FOR FREE INSPECTION*
A-1 inspectors will customize a termite and
pest control prevention plan for your boat.
$ 100 OFF*
Void if not presented before inspection.
*New Customers Only. Real Estate transactions excluded
Boat and Yacht Fumigation – Drywood Termites
If you think your boat has a termite infestation, the first step is to have a FREE Termite Inspection by calling A-1 Bonded Termite, Inc. An A-1 Bonded Termite certified and licensed termite inspector will come to your boat and inspect and determine the extent of your termite infestation. If fumigation is recommended by our trained inspectors, we will go over the fumigation process, provide you with appropriate literature and videos to explain the process. Any of our trained staff is happy to assist you with questions.
If you choose the fumigation option for your boat, the fumigation process involves the following phases:
Scheduling and Preparation
- Call our office and schedule a date.
- Make accommodation arrangements for your family, plants, and pets.
- We will go over the entire process with you when scheduling and send over the necessary forms and preparation instructions.
- We UPS you the nylofume bags that are required to bag your food and medicines in your boat.
- You will remove or bag food, animal feed, drugs, medicines, tobacco in the supplied nylofume bags.
- Make arrangements to remove or lay down antennas for electronics if applicable.
- We will call you the night before at the designated phone number to give you an estimated time frame that we will arrive on the date of the fumigation.
Fumigation Process – Day 1 (Up)
- Open waterproof covers on all mattresses and pillows.
- Remove people ,pets, and plants from your boat.
- The fumigation crew will arrive within the estimated time frame and will prepare to cover the boat with large tarps and securing the tarps with long sand bags.
- The Licensee will meet with the boat owner when possible, review the preparation and specific boat details. He will also ensure the interior of the boat has been properly prepared by removing people, plants and pets and properly bagging food, feed, and drugs according to the preparation sheet.
- The boat is secured with secondary locks on all entryways and warning signs are posted as required.
- Once the interior has been prepared and the exterior processes have been completed, the warning agent is applied and the proper dose of fumigant is released into the structure. The tarps contain the fumigant for the specific amount of time to eradicate the drywood termites.
Fumigation Process – Day 2 (Aeration)
- The fumigation crew will arrive to the boat and ensure that all tarps are in place and sealed.
- The fumigation crew will plug in fan and connect to exhaust tube to begin the aeration process.
Fumigation Process – Day (Down)
- Once the necessary time of aeration has occurred, the fumigation crew will remove the tarps from the boat.
- After the tarps are removed from the boat, the Licensee will take air samples from the interior of the boat with equipment designed to detect trace quantities of the fumigant.
- When the readings are at or below target levels as required by the chemical manufacturer, the secondary locks will be removed and the Licensee will place a re-entry notice on the front door.
Our entire staff is dedicated to assisting you through this process and is available to answer questions every step of the way. Call us (714) 502-9230.
- Download – Fumigation Checklist
- Download – Whole-Home Fumigation Brochure
- Download – Fumigation Planning Guide
- Download – What to Bag or Remove
- Download – Vikane Fact Sheet – English
- Download – Vikane Fact Sheet – Spanish